Application Deadline was December 1st.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TO MAKE SURE YOU QUALIFY.
Are you eligible to apply?
1. Only the custodial parents or court appointed legal custodial guardians are eligible to apply
2. Only one application per family to Cops, Kids & Toys or other agencies such as Salvation Army. If you apply to Salvation Army or other agencies, you are not eligible to receive help from Cops, Kids & Toys.
3. Children must reside within or attend a school district in Tompkins County and be less than 18 years old on December 1, 2017.
HOW TO APPLY
For those who wish assistance from Cops, Kids and Toys, applications there are three ways to apply beginning October 1.
1. Applications are available here and can be filled out
on our web site. Here is the link CLICK HERE to fill out application online. You don't have to download anything- just fill out here. Please read instructions carefully.
2. You can download the file now- CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
print it- fill it out- and take to any county law enforcement agency, the Tompkins County Probation Department, or mailed to our Hanshaw address.
3. Request a form at any Tompkins County law enforcement agency or the Tompkins County Probation Department.
The form can be filled out in less than five minutes, must be signed by a custodial guardian or parent and returned to any county law enforcement agency, the Tompkins County Probation Department, or mailed to our Hanshaw address.
IMPORTANT - PLEASE NOTE
All applications must be in by December 1, 2017. No applications will be accepted after December 1st.
As usual local law enforcement officers and volunteers will deliver the toys. Delivery day will be Tuesday, December 19th in 2017. Someone will need to be home between 9 am and 4 pm to accept delivery.
If your address changes after December 1st, you will need to pick up the toys for you child/children at out toy site.
Board Meeting are
the 2nd Tuesday
of each month 1:30pm at the Cayuga Heights Police Department
The public is always welcome at any board meetings .
Cops, Kids & Toys
collects, purchases, and distributes toys and gifts to financially disadvantaged children in Tompkins County.
The program started in the early 1980‘s with two Ithaca City Police officers helping out a few children.
It is currently supported with volunteers from every law enforcement agency in Tompkins County, the Tompkins County Probation Department, and many volunteers.